Member responsibilities are based on 16 NYCRR Part 753 (Code Rule 753), and UDig NY organization policies set by the Board of Directors. To read the complete Code Rule 753 outlined Duties of Operators (753-4), click here.
- New York State law requires all operators of underground facilities to become a member of UDig NY.
- After an operator becomes a member, UDig NY will notify that operator of proposed excavations around its underground facilities.
- It is the operator’s responsibility to respond to ALL location requests received from UDig NY, by the Automated Positive Response (APR) system. Please see About Automated Positive Response for more information on acceptable responses.
- It is the operator’s responsibility to ensure UDig NY has accurate and up-to-date information about the operator’s underground facilities.
- As a member and operator, it is the operator’s responsibility to promptly notify UDig NY about changes (removal and additions) to underground facilities. Industry best practice provides updates to UDig NY within 10 days.
For a complete copy of Membership Responsibilities, please contact UDig NY’s Member Services Department for a copy of the Bylaws.